Some of you might remember that I built a window seat earlier this year. Yesterday it was time to build some bookshelves in the same room. Here's how the finished product turned out.
The right side:
And the left side:
So here is the step by step process for completing the bookshelves:
1. Go to Home Depot and get the side panels cut and the brace boards
2. Put up the panels that go against the wall and tack them in
3. Measure the width of the shelves
4. Go to Home Depot and get the shelves cut
5. Put in bottom shelf and first shelf braces
6. Tack other side panel to bottom shelf and first shelf braces
7. Go to Home Depot and get Liquid Nails for the outside panel braces
8. Put the top shelf braces on and tack the outside panel to it
9. Put the top shelf on
10. Put the rest of the braces on and tack the outside panel to them
11. Put the shelves in
12. Go to Home Depot and get finish nails for the nail gun to tack the shelves to the braces
13. Make comments about having your own personal parking space at Home Depot as their most frequent shopper.
14. Blog about it so all your friends can make fun of all the trips to Home Depot
So there you have bookshelves in 14 easy steps. I estimate that our study is now 70% complete. Next up? Another shelf, more lights and endless trips to Home Depot (I think I get a free round trip ticket to the Home Depot Center in California if I make 50 more round trips).