Wednesday, January 28, 2009

U2 Favorites

I was in a debate the other day about which musical group was better U2 or REM. For me it was an easy answer: U2. So here are my favorite songs from each U2 album:

  • Boy: Twilight
  • October: Gloria
  • War: Drowning Man
  • Under a Blood Red Sky: 40
  • Unforgettable Fire: A Sort of Homecoming
  • The Joshua Tree: One Tree Hill
  • Rattle and Hum: All I Want Is You
  • Achtung Baby: One
  • Zooropa: Stay (Faraway, So Close)
  • Pop: Please
  • The Best Of 1980 - 1990: Sweetest Thing (The Single Mix)
  • All That You Can't Leave Behind: Peace on Earth
  • The Best Of 1990 - 2000: Hold Me, Thrill Me, Kiss Me, Kill Me
  • How to Dismantle an Atomic Bomb: City of Blinding Lights
  • U218 Singles: Sometimes You Can't Make it On Your Own


For me U2's music has spoken to me throughout my life. It's a great thing when music can speak to you so to those who chose REM I completely understand. For those of you who haven't had music speak to you, listen to
I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For - The Joshua Tree

1 comment:

TopSurf said...

That was a fun thread yesterday. And why I didn't pick U2 I do love their music but it just doesn't speak to me like REM's songs do. Isn't that what makes music so great? Something for everyone.