Friday, January 23, 2009

Re-purposing (with a purpose)

Yesterday I was jogging with the dog when I took one misstep and rolled my ankle. After a visit to X-Ray and finding nothing broken I spent the rest of the day with my foot elevated, ice off and on and Motrin. Needless to say it wasn't the best day that I've had.

When it was time for bed I went upstairs and saw a card that my son had gotten for his birthday from his grandparents. I thought it was the same card but I was wrong. A lot of the card had been scribbled out and instead there were new words.

To Dad from Ellie and Sam


Inside the card was the following message:

Win [when] will you get better. We wont [want] you to get better soon. Love Ellie and Sam


Ellie is 6 and Sam is 5. I was downstairs when they did this and was wondering what all the noise was. Now I know. It was one of the most touching things they have ever done.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

aww how sweet :)

Angela said...

Awwww, that's so sweet. Hope you're up and about very soon, rolled ankles are sooooooo painful.