Monday, July 21, 2008

Me, Myself and I

Ok, so I realized that my first blog posting probably should have been about me. That way anyone reading my musings will understand where I come from. This post is going to rectify that mistake.

I grew up outside of Buffalo NY on 8 1/2 acres of gorgeous property. Yes I grew up in the sticks away from "civilization". Growing up in rural America afforded me the chance to learn a lot of diverse skills. From chopping wood, to gardening, to bailing hay, there was a lot of hard work.

That's not to say that I didn't get a chance to play. In fact growing up I played a little of everything. From baseball to street hockey to basketball to soccer. I quickly grew into a sports fanatic and still am to this day. My real sports love is soccer and I'm quite passionate about it.

My family is very conservative and so I have that set of values instilled in me. I still get weird looks when I open doors for people or use my best manners. I still use words like sir and madam. It also explains my political views.

After high school I went over 1800 miles away to college. I earned a BS in computer science. I took seven years to get it because I spent two of those years in Chile as a missionary. The time I spent in college and on my mission gave me valuable life experience that has served me well over the years.

My first real job afforded me the opportunity to meet my wife. I can definitely say I would be nowhere without her. We have been blessed to have the great opportunity to adopt our five children. They are a handful, but also bring us much laughter.

Before our children came along I got my MBA. This has given me a unique view of how to mix technology and business and serves me well in my current job.

I currently work as an application architect. I work on applications that support customers in the financial arena. I have met many wonderful people in my job and have made many friends there.

So that's a little bit about me. Maybe it will help you better understand the posts I create from now on.

1 comment:

CelticBuffy said...

Welcome to the blogosphere! I'm only six months into it myself and it's been fun gaining readers and exploring my thoughts by writing. Looking forward to hearing more of your thoughts! :)